NOTARY SEMINAR + STATE EXAM
CERTIFICATE AWARDED (for successful completion of seminar).
FOUR great reasons why you should attend the Notary Public Training Seminar:
1. Become more valuable as an employee
2. Provide customer service for your organization
3. Start your own business
4. Consider becoming a Notary as an option for income upon retirement
This seminar is designed to satisfy California’s new requirements including the major changes in Notary affecting ALL California Notaries, such as: what must be done to avoid fines of $500 to $10,000, updated laws for identifying signers and thumbprint requirements and new laws regarding renewing commissions and journal entries.
PRIOR TO CLASS, print out the Secretary of State application, found at www.sos.ca.gov/notary. You are encouraged to review (download or print) the Notary Handbook at www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/notary_hdbk.htm. Alternatively, you can request a free copy of the Handbook - contact C.P.S. at (916) 263-3520 (note: to ensure you have it before your class, you will need to request the copy at least 2 weeks prior to your scheduled class).
Important: Please arrive by 7:30am to find parking and check in prior to 8am. Students
must be on time. Late arrivals will be asked to leave and no transfer/refund will be issued. The instructional course ends at 4:30pm and the State-administered test is then conducted until approximately 6:15pm
Please remember that a passport photo (2"x2" headshot) with your application is required in order for you’re application to be processed in a timely manner.
YOU MUST BRING the following to the test:
• Proper photo ID (driver’s license, state ID card or passport)
• Secretary of State application - please fill out in advance
• $40 check or money order payable to the Secretary of State
(separate check for each participant)
• Two #2 pencils
• Passport Photo (2” x 2” headshot)
• $30 materials fee for class materials and certificate, payable to instructor in cash/check or money order